Now that all our family has gone back to their homes and it has been over a month since our big day, it is time to get to work.
Over the past 8 weeks, I was happily spending time with family who had visited from overseas. It is so important to make memories with loved ones and to cherish such time. Although my husband and I didn’t go on a honeymoon yet, we thoroughly enjoyed visiting all the tourist attractions, home cooked meals, board games and outings spent together with family. I can’t believe a month has already passed since I got married. As they say, time flies when you’re having fun!
Now that I am focused, I will be blogging more regularly. I was genuinely delighted to see that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award 2016 by Afrilly.
Thank you Afrilly for the nomination! It means so much that you enjoy my blog. I enjoy your blog as well, and always learn a thing or to when I read your how-to posts and reviews. I know I haven’t been very punctual with my posts but now that the wedding is over it is time to get back to the grind.
So for those who don’t know about the Liebster Award (2016), allow me to explain.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
My Favourite Blog
I have a few favourite blog’s; they are all so unique and interesting in their own way. They all capture the writer’s individual style, taste and opinions. I can’t say I have a favourite blogger since I have so many and each blog about something different. I follow bloggers based on tags and so I follow many a bloggers.
However, I have to say that Afrilly is definitely one of my favourite bloggers, she’s so talented and creative!! Her blogs make me laugh. Her posts are entertaining yet also informative. One day I would like to follow her DIY post and experiment on my own. Since landing on her blog, I have always appreciated her captivating pictures and her intriguing blog post titles. Her blog posts are easy to read and are very relatable. I share similar interests with her so that’s always fun. Her blog layout is simple yet classy and easy to navigate. She is a natural artist and this shines through in her artwork and photos. She always provides feedback and shares her experiences which I find to be quite helpful. She writes about budget living and since everyone should have a budget, I enjoy her tips and insight about this topic. All I can say is keep the posts coming and keep doing you!
10 Random Facts about Myself
- I love puzzles – you name it – word searches, jigsaw puzzles, sudoku, crosswords and the list could go on.
- I was left handed until Grade 6 and then switched to a righty
- I enjoy being out in nature and taking in the breathtaking views
- I am the middle of three siblings, my sister is 1 year older and my brother is 4 years younger than me
- I have a weird obsession with stationery…pens, markers, post-its, notebooks, etc.
- I prefer YouTube over TV and watch it every single day…some of my favourites are: WahlieTV, iiSuperwomanii, FrmHeadtoToe, Laura in the Kitchen, ItsJudysLife, BubzBeauty, Grav3yardgirl, Prince Ea, AprilJustinTv, EttheHiphopPreacher, Brendon Burchard, just to name a few.
- I love puppies and dogs and baby goats
- I have recently started meditating everyday for at least 20 minutes and am learning to calm my mind….I find my attitude has changed and I no longer complain about petty situations
- I love pickles and even drink the juice…needless to say dill pickle chips are my favourite
- I love food and enjoy several cuisines…and aspire to visit the countries as well
11 Questions I Would Like You to Answer:
- What is your favourite time of the year?
- What is your biggest dream?
- How often do you review your goals?
- What made you start blogging?
- What is your favourite genre of music?
- Would you rather be given a book or money?
- Who do you look up to?
- Name one interesting fact about you.
- What is your favourite quote? Why?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Do you plan for the future or live in the moment?
- Bex Christian
- Produce and Positivty
- Mara Patriciaa
Can’t wait to read all your answers!
Stay strong and beautiful!