- Start saving up for your future early. I wish someone had told me to save more and be smart with my money. Especially with the high costs of real estate today; it is important to start when you’re younger. This seems a bit challenging because attending post secondary often leaves you in a big, fat pile of student debt or loan. If you are fortunate enough to borrow money from the bank from your family/parent(s) then consider yourself lucky and already a few steps ahead.
- Never stop learning and improving. If I had one regret it’s that I stopped teaching myself new things. Should’ve, would’ve, could’ve…think forward and don’t dwell on the past.
- Go to school to develop your social networking skills and to build relationships. I know far too many people who graduate with a degree and don’t even use it…(myself included). Even though school seems useless when you can’t find a job…it teaches you fundamental social skills that you will use throughout your life.
- Build good habits, bad habits are always harder to break and change.
- Listen to your parents, they mean well…even though at the time it seems that they are ruining your life.
- Learn to trust in yourself and have faith that things will work out….worrying achieves nothing and wastes time and energy. Put yourself out there and take chances on yourself. If you don’t believe in yourself…who will?
- Express yourself…don’t be afraid to stay true to who you are and speak up when you feel strongly about something that affects your values. You will never make everyone happy so focus on your own happiness.
- Be kind to others…acts of kindness never go unnoticed. Do things because you want to not because you want something in return.
- Never settle for less than you can be. In order to be successful there has to be a fire inside that drives you to push yourself and get you to the next level. Create that fire by practicing self discipline and there won’t be anything that you can’t do.
- Think before doing…speaking and acting. There’s no harm in taking your time to make a decision. Build up your mental strength so that you base your decisions on logic not emotion.
What wisdom can you share from your life experiences?
Stay strong and beautiful!