I can’t believe it…..we are nearing the end of the first trimester!
Let me just say that pregnancy hasn’t been a walk in the park for me…there are moments of discomfort and pain but at the end of the day, I know pregnancy and motherhood is a blessing.
They say it is better to announce your pregnancy after the first trimester, as the risk of miscarriage decreases after this time. It was hard to hide my pregnancy from my sister, whom I work with every day. However, I managed to keep it a secret until the ninth week.
Sharing the News
My sister, brother in law, husband and I had planned a road trip to Montreal just a short two day trip. We excitedly shared the news that we were expecting and my sister admitted she had no clue, except for the fact that I looked bigger than usual. It was such a relief having them know, as she was pregnant too.
The only thing that was kinda annoying was that my sister had such a smooth pregnancy with very few symptoms. While I had a whole list of symptoms that changed as the weeks went by. It’s actually pretty interesting how much pregnancies differ between women.
We announced our pregnancy to close family and friends in the following weeks; everyone was so excited and thrilled for us.
A recap of weeks 8 to 12:
- got another ultrasound I was around 11.5 weeks (picture featured), we also got the Nuchal Translucency (NT) test done to see if our baby was at risk for any chromosomal defects (the test is a combination of a blood test and ultrasound that measures the amount of fluid build-up that is present behind the baby’s neck….our results were great 1 in 16,000)
Some symptoms that I experienced included:
morningall day sickness
- lots of nausea and vomiting
- nipple and breast sensitivity
- extreme bloating
- emotional and extra sensitive
- food aversions to meats and vegetables (anything cooked in a kitchen)
- constant metallic taste in mouth (yuck)
But even after all that I feel so blessed and thank God every day! Keep cooking little one!
I cannot wait to share the rest of my pregnancy journey with you…stay tuned for more.
Stay strong and beautiful!