Welcome to the Second Trimester!
What a wonderful present it was to say that I entered the second trimester on my husband’s birthday. I was out of town for a family member’s wedding in the states so we were unable to celebrate.
The First Trimester flew by and to be honest, it was made easier by the following:
- Naps and a sleep mask (to help when I had massive migraines)
- Anti-nausea remedies, Gin Gins Ginger Candies, Gravol and Dramamine Motion Sickness Tablets (I was a bit worried for a few weeks and thought I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) and was relieved to learn that I didn’t)
- Water (due to the metallic taste in my mouth, I opted to drink vitamin water or just suck on ice cubes or popsicles.
- Prenatal and DHA vitamins the brand I used is the New Chapter Perfect Prenatal and Whole Mega Salmon Oil with DHA. Prior to conceiving I was taking Nature’s Bounty Prenatal Complete.
- Bland crackers and other snacks, to help with all day nausea
- Ovia Pregnancy App (this app is so informative and user-friendly)
- Loose fitting shirts and leggings
- Reading material (Especially pins on Pinterest, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, Skinny Bitch Bun in the Oven, etc.)
- Wireless bra
- Chia seeds as a source of fibre and to help with constipation
Can you relate?
What were your must-haves during the first trimester?
Stay strong and beautiful!